The information presented herein is meant to advise visitors of car-fuses.com on the usage of “cookies” in regard to this “Website” and the services offered within.
“Cookie” is a term used to refer to cookie modules and similar technologies through which information can be collected and stored.
An “Internet Cookie” (also known as “browser cookie” or simply “cookie”) is a small text file that contains alphanumerical data and is stored in the memory of computers, smartphones and other Internet-enabled devices. A cookie has two components: the name and the content.
By design, cookies can only be accessed by the same web site that installed them, whenever the user returns to that web site.
Cookie usage purposes
Cookies are used to improve the user experience of the Website, adapt some features to the preferences of each user, and ensure a smooth operation of the Website services. Specifically:
- Comments a materials of the website
- Anonymous web traffic statistics to the Website.
- Delivery of online advertisements.
Cookie lifetime can vary depending on their purpose. Based on lifetime, cookies fall in one of two categories:
- Session cookies: stored temporary, deleted automatically when the web browser is closed
- Persistent cookies: stored on the user’s device until a specific time (which can be minutes, days, or years in the future) or until deleted manually through web browser settings or specialized computer software
Some parts of the content shown on the Website can come from external sources, which can add their own cookies, called “third-party cookies”. Specifically:
- Google Analytics: anonymous web traffic statistics (we use the following settings: anonymizeIP ON, Remarketing OFF, User-ID OFF) - details / settings / opt-out
- Google Adsense/Doubleclick/AdManager: online advertisements - settings
- _ga: Google Analytics, used to count sessions and unique users in web traffic statistics - details
- _gid: Google Analytics, used to count sessions and unique users in web traffic statistics
- _gat: Google Analytics, used to throttle requests to the statistics server
- __gads/__gac: Google Adsense rate-limiting & performance - details
Types of cookies used on the Website
Strictly necessary cookies: used to enable core web site functionality
Performance cookies: used to facilitate usage statistics, including web traffic statistics
Advertising cookies: used to allow statistics on the performance of advertisemens as well as target advertisements based on user interests
Cookie management information
Disabling cookies makes the Website harder to use. Some features will be degraded while others will not work at all. For example, it is impossible to register or log in without cookies. This way, using the download basket or the watchlist features is no longer possible.
Nevertheless, users can configure their web browser to reject (or accept) cookies sent by specific sites. All modern browsers offer this functionality, which can be accessed through the “options” or “preferences” menu.
Disabling cookies will not stop advertisements from being show, but it might make them less relevant to users’ interests.
Useful links about managing cookies:
- Video about cookies and cookie management
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Safari
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Opera
- Cookie settings in Safari (iOS)
- Cookie settings in Chrome (Android)
Questions regarding cookie usage on this Website can be sent in written form, via email, to: [email protected]